Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Anthem

I am a week and 2 days into my 'vacation' from school and in that amount of time I have started classes at Gracie Barra (a mixed martial arts institute where they teach Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai) and started a horrible habit of making baked goods when I'm bored along with coloring (I like playing with my 72 different colors). 

I have been married to my husband Sam for 2 years (we lived with each other for 4) and though we don't plan on having children (at least I'm not) we do have a pet spiny tailed lizard named Spooge (Sam named him).  I could go on and tell you everything about us but I think I'll just let it slowly come out in future blogs.

I had Jui Jitsu fundamentals this morning where I learned a new sweep take down and want to say it is called the spider maneuver?  Anyways its where the person is on their back and keeps the person standing above them from doing anything by holding their gee(?) by the sleeves at the wrist and putting your feet inside each of their elbows.  It kinda makes you the puppet master from the floor.  I want to make friends there but my lack of self esteem is hindering it.  I talk to the main guy who works there and trains, Brian.  He's nice but I'd feel more comfortable with a girl friend.  Girls do go there but they are not regularly enough for me to get to know them.  Maybe if I bring cookies for everyone It'll work out for me?

I did make a pie today.  My mother gave me a Hershey's cookbook because she knows I like baking treats.  Not that I want to start my own bakery or anything but I love the smell of the cooking sugars and all the different textures and tastes I can come up with.  It's fun and you get something sweet out of it.

For curious bloggers I made a Chocolate Chip Walnut Pie.  It's like a large cookie in a pie crust with a spiced whipped topping.  Here's the recipe(something I plan on posting once a week are the dessert recipes I make):
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 baked (9-inch) pie crust
Spice Cream (recipe follows)

1.  Heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.

2.  Combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl.  Add eggs; stir until lightly browned and set.  Serve slightly warm or at room temperature with Spiced Cream.  Refrigerate leftovers.

Spiced Cream:  Combine 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream, 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and dash ground nutmeg in small bowl; beat until stiff.  Makes about 1 cup topping.
I'd show you a picture of it but I put the whipped topping on the pie without giving it time to cool so the pie kinda soaked up most of it.  Not so pretty but still tastes good.  Got husband approval...

Well I guess that's it for now.  Hopefully I'll find out how to pics on here soon so this will look like a real blog.  One my favorite songs is playing on my Pandora internet radio.  Breed by Otep (a Nirvana cover) I know your can find the music video of it on Youtube.com if you want to check it out. Peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment