Monday, August 16, 2010

Seven Nation Army

So I finally found someone to go to the Winter Park Farmer's Market with after months of wanting to go since I saw Samantha Brown's Great Weekends:  Orlando.  My sister-in-lawish Tammy went with me and we had a lot of fun since neither of us get to out much.  I had never been to a farmer's market before and was really pleased to see all the locally grown produce and all the stands with homemade pastries, seasonings, salsas, honey, jam and so much more.  Everything we sampled was delicious!  Tammy bought a jar of bee pollen for $10 and we both bought homemade salsa for $4.50 each by Loco Miguel's Salsa
After a stroll through the market we went up and down a nearby street called Park Avenue that had a beautiful historic feel with plenty of boutiques and restaurants to choose from.  We ended up eating at this Turkish restaurant called Bosphorous (I had to eat here since I had never had Turkish food).  Inside the restaurant there were hookahs everywhere which made me giggle!  The food was basically lamb and chicken served different ways and the meal came with cooked beets and cabbage, salsa, grilled jalapeno, rice topped with tomato and yogurt sauces and julienne carrots with a sweet sauce.  It was awesome but pricey..I recommend only eating at lunch on Park Avenue if you are poor like me. I also felt the need to visit this cafe that had Italian sodas listed on a menu outside (since I'd never had one of those either).  It was made with sprite, cream, and a flavored syrup(I got hazelnut) and it was surprisingly good to me since I don't like sprite.  I wish I could remember all the places we went too because there was a really neat gift shop we went into that sold incense, rock collections, jewelry, and Hindu art that I loved.  Tammy bought some stones for her collection and I bought some cannabis incense for shits and giggles.  The lady even told me of an awesome Indian restaurant to visit that I will post about when I go there. 

We came to my apartment and jumped into after all of that since it was like 95 degrees outside with super humidity!  Even though pool wasn't that cool but refreshing after having my shirt stick to me with sweat for the past five hours.  Tammy and I ended our girls day with cocktails at the apartment and we ate our lunch leftovers while watching 'A Beautiful Mind.' Yeah I like girl days...

No comments:

Post a Comment