Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bored and bruised


New recipe for the week; Cocoa Kiss Cookies.  Delicious crumbly cookie with chopped pecans and a whole Hershey kiss inside, topped with powdered sugar.  Totally melt in your mouth good!

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup finely chopped pecans
About 54 Hershey kisses milk chocolate
Powdered sugar

1.  Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.  Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.  Add pecans; beat until well blended.  Refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.

2.  Heat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.  Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.  Mold scant tablespoon of dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely.  Shape into balls.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

3.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.  Cool about 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.  Roll in powdered sugar.  Roll in sugar again just before serving, if desired.

Yeah...so I really need to get me some protection today for training because I can't seem to leave any of my muay thai classes without adding another bruise.  My thigh is bruised from not properly blocking a leg kick, my shin is bruised from kicking Rob (one my sparring partners) in the knee, my ribs are sore from doing ab conditioning, and last night I bruised my ankle on the punching bag.  It hurts but it also makes me feel tough because I can say I got it hurt from fighting instead of just being a klutz.

Totally getting take out today in little Vietnam.  I've been craving some brothy noodle soup every time I drive through there to practice.  It's complete torture having to drive past awesome Asian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment